Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy cup

I want to write about my new cup.
About me, and the people in my life.

It all started with Pier 1 sending me one of their catalogues. 
I don't know about you, but for me, flipping through a few pages of a catalog, makes me wanna spend all my money, live in the pages of the catalog, and think about life "what if..."

It all started with this image.
The happy mug, and the love mug.
I liked them.
I wanted to buy them, at least one of them.

Then I got curious about the position of the handle of the mug, and what way the words were facing.  This could get complicated, but bear with me.
Assuming the word happy is only on one side of the cup, I would have to hold the handle in my left, non-dominant hand, in order for people to see it.
My thinking was why else would you buy a cup with the word happy on it if other people can't see it?
Then I thought that sure enough happy is also on the other side.
I figured that if it wasn't, I was NOT buying the cup.
I need people to see happy.

Every time I went to the bathroom, yup, that's where this ended up, I could not let go of the thought that 1) I wanted the cup, and 2) I wanted other people to see the happy, because why on earth would I want to see those words?

Wait...what?
The cup is for me.
I am buying it for me.
I like it.
I can picture myself holding it in my right hand, drinking hot tea/coffee/apple sider.
Again, why would I  need to see those words?

Obviously Pier 1 brings out the best in my thinking, and as I've been doing a lot of soul searching, I decided that I would be the one looking at happy, and that is all that mattered.  I need to see happy so I can be reminded to be it, to be happy.  I don't do much for myself, and I can give advice to others better and faster than Dr. Phil, but when it comes to me? 

I now have the happy mug, and I will be the one getting the reminder.
P.S. I got the mustache mug for the hubby :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips