Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Quote This #1

Here it is.
As promised.
The first (1st) Quote This post.
I had trouble connecting to the internet this morning, and a part of me said "NNNNNNOOOOOOO"
Then I re-grouped, got off my chair, and found that the wifi box was unplugged.
Can you imagine if I just sat here, trying to "fix" the internet, not being successful?
Sometimes getting up and checking things out is the way to go :)

"Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams."  Proverb



On and off for years I've been trying to have a positive mindset.
Not only on the good days, especially on the bad days. 
I find that the more I try and practice this, the easier it becomes. 

I was raised in fear: of authority, making mistakes, what people thought.
I was taught to let fear dictate my moves.
This stuck with me, because when you don't know better, you don't do better.
Even in a religious context, I was raised to fear God.

I know now, as an adult, that a fearful and a negative mindset make for a fearful and a negative life.
I no longer look at a problem and think "this is so hard."
I look at a problem and think "how do I get around this?"
"What is the silver lining?"

I have many dreams: living debt free, being self-employed, getting a book published, quitting my day job. 
There are multiple problems along the way: mortgage, health insurance, disappointing people, taking a risk.
I have been looking at the emotional outcome I will gain if I concentrate on my dreams.
Just this morning in my journal I wrote "even if that (photography) remains a hobby, if I can throw myself into it, and have it be my happy place, than maybe work will be a bit more bearable."
I am not focusing on my problems.
I am listening to my dreams and letting them lead me where I need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips