Friday, May 16, 2014

Random

I read A LOT.

Books, magazines, the internet, small articles.

I write when the mood strikes.  Mostly in my personal journal.

I want to DO more.  As I enjoy some quiet mornings and mid-afternoons in the coming weeks, I have promised myself that I will read on those days, try to DO something, and on the days the kids and my husband are home, I will definitely DO.  I'm in an 8-week stretch of my job where I come home in the middle of the night, and only see the kids for about 20 minutes in the morning.  On weekends, I know I'll get to sleep in, but still having to go to work, I want to spend every second of every hour focused on them.

A friend and I were texting the other day, and I texted:

ME: I think I'm trying to go through multiple lifetimes in one shot :)
FRIEND: Hehe you're soul searching
ME: That's for sure.  I know I'm helping people at my current job and I know I make a difference in it by how I conduct myself, but I feel like I could give more to people that might actually take my advice.  I've always been artistic so I want to see what I can actually get good at.
FRIEND: Good! That sounds healthy and wonderful

I think the second text I sent her was the nicest thing I've ever said about myself, and actually acknowledged my strengths.  I love my current job.  I think that the more I try to pull away from it, the more I'm shown how much I rock at it. 

I still feel I need more.  I still feel I can give more. 

Here is where this post comes around.  With all this wanting and needing, and reading, and writing, it would be helpful for my soul to start doing. 

In order to get some motivation and a reminder of what I want to do, I changed a space on a shelf above the computer to reflect what I am leaning towards these days.

Before - a bunch of books, which have all been read and re-read, but were now just taking up space.
After - paint brushes, markers, box of trinkets, and a box of cards to draw/paint on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips